Sabudana Khichdi – Vrat Special
- Sabudana/sago seeds - 1 cup
- Potatoes/Aloo - 2 (peeled and cut into cubes)
- Groundnut/moongfali - 1/2 cup coarsely crushed
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric/haldi powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chili/lal mirch powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar - 2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 5 to 6
- Green chili/ hari mirch - 1 chopped
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice/neembu ras - 1 tablespoon
- Chopped coriander leaves/ dhaniya - 1/2 cup
- In a bowl add sabudana and water to wet all of them. Leave aside for 3 hours.
- Check in between if you find sabudana hard and dry add more water and mix it.
- In a pan add oil, jeera, curry leaves and green chili. Do the tempering.
- Add potato and cook them covered.
- Add groundnut and roast it for a minute or two.
- Add sabudana and all remaining ingredients except lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Keep stirring for a minute and remove it from the gas.
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Tasty Sabudana Khichdi is ready to be served.
Cooking not only feeds the stomach but also the soul. I love to create new healthy recipes from simple ingredients found in the kitchen.