Sama Pulav – Vrat Special
Sama pulav is a full meal while you are on a fast.
Sama pulav is a wholesome meal made by adding potatoes and chillis giving it a spicy touch. Here is a recipe for the sama pulav.
For more exciting and tasty fasting recipes like sama pulav, please click on the following links.
- Sama rice - 1 cup
- Ginger(slit length wise) - 1 tablespoon
- Potatoes(chopped) - 2
- Green chilli - 3-4
- Tomatoes(chopped) - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Jeera - 1 teaspoon
- Sendha Namak - as per taste
- Water - 2 & half cups
- Wash and soak the sama rice for around 10 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add jeera.
- When it splutters, add tomatoes. Cook for around 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and potatoes. Mix well.
- Add sama rice and water.
- Cook upto one whistle and additional for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sama pulav is ready to be served with curd.
Hi! I am Ruchika, mother to a two year old, Hridyansh, married to a wonderful person, Vineet and live in Haryana, travelling around different cities.
A banker by profession and a foodie by heart. It is a humble attempt at sharing my passion for food. You will definitely find lot of easy recipes in this space.
I have no formal training in food photography. So, please bear up with me. Suggestions to improve this are always welcome and Feedback is always appreciated.