Sama Rice – Falahari Treat
- Potatoes (diced) - 2
- Sama rice/ vrat ke chawal - 1/2 cup
- Tomato (puree) - 1/4 cup
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Desi Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Jeera/ cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Sendha namak/ rock salt (to taste)
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Water- 2.5 cup
- Heat a pressure cooker. Add ghee in it.
- Add jeera and wait till it splutters.
- Add ginger paste and saute.
- Add tomato puree and salt and saute till it releases oil.
- Add red chili powder and potatoes. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add sama rice and water and cook for a whistle.
- Delicious Sama Rice is ready to serve with vrat ki chuney or curd.
Hi! I am Ruchika, mother to a two year old, Hridyansh, married to a wonderful person, Vineet and live in Haryana, travelling around different cities.
A banker by profession and a foodie by heart. It is a humble attempt at sharing my passion for food. You will definitely find lot of easy recipes in this space.
I have no formal training in food photography. So, please bear up with me. Suggestions to improve this are always welcome and Feedback is always appreciated.