Sanwa Ki Kheer And Upma – Fasting Dish
- Sanwa ki kheer : sanwa millet (sama) - 50 gms, milk/ doodh - 1/2 kg, sugar/ cheeni - 100 gms, almonds/ badaam, pistachios/ pista, cardamom/ elaichi powder as per taste, saffron/ kesar - 5-6 strands
- Sanwa ka upma : sanwa millet (sama) - 100 gms, potatoes/ aloo - 1 piece, green chili/ hari mirch - 1 piece, ginger/ adarak - 1 small piece, lime/ neembu - 1 piece, sendha/ rock salt - 1/2 teaspoon, ghee - 1 teaspoon, carom seeds/ajwain - 1/2 teaspoon, fresh coriander/ dhaniya leaves for garnishing
- For Sanwa Ki Kheer - Boil the milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Wash the sanwa millet and put it in boiled milk.
- Cook Sanwa at low heat for 15 minutes and then add sugar to it.
- After 5 minutes, take the pan off and mix saffron, cardamom powder and mix well. Now put almonds and pistachios on top of it.
- For Sanwa ka Upma: Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee in a cooker and add ajwain seeds.
- Put cut potatoes, ginger and green chilies to it.
- Saute them for a while, add Sanwa Millet and rock salt to it.
- Put 3 bowls of water and close the lid of the cooker.
- After 1 whistle, take the cooker off.
- Once the steam cools down, take it in a bowl. Garnish it with corainder leaves and pour lime juice as per taste.
- Healthy fasting food 'Sanwa Ki Kheer And Upma' are ready to be served!
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!