Sarson Ka Saag is a famous classic dish from Punjab.
Sarson Ka Saag is an all-time famous and delicious saag generally served with Makke Ki Roti. This is a classic and traditional recipe from Punjab. This is a winter delicacy served with a dollop of butter. It is lip-smacking and a flavourful dish. To make the saag is a time-consuming process but it is worth it because the outcome is delicious. All family members will love this very much. So, try it out at home and get appreciated.
This dish was prepared using Prestige Omega Delux Frying Pan which we have gifted to aunty through ‘Zayka ka Tadka’.
This tasty dish was prepared by Ranjeeta Kaur (our smiling aunty) – A lovely mom from Punjab who loves to cook.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- If you are using Prestige Omega Delux Frying Pan then wash and heat is on a low flame. Then sprinkle some oil. Wipe it with a tissue paper. By following this process, the non-stick coating will last for a longer duration.
- To get the authentic taste of saag, cook it on a low flame. Then mash it with ghotni or mathani (hand masher). However, you can grind it using a grinder in pulse mode.
- Add a little bit of Makki ka aata/cornmeal or whole wheat flour to thicken it.
- To get a nice flavour, use mustard oil tempering.
- You can skip tomatoes or add more tomatoes to it as per your taste.