Sev Tamatar Ki Sabzi (Dhabha style)
Sev tamatar ki sabzi is a quick recipe to cook if you have a lack of time.
Sev tamatar ki sabzi can be a helping quick fix for you if you have guests arriving at the last minute or if you are busy. We provide a quick recipe for the delicious sev tamatar ki sabzi.
For more such quick and easy recipes like sev tamatar ki sabzi, please click on the following links.
- Moti/Thick Sev- 1 small cup
- Tomato(finely chopped) - 1 big
- Onion/pyaaz(finely chopped) - 1
- Curd/dahi - 2/3 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric/Haldi powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander/Dhania powder- 1 teaspoon
- Ghee/oil - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin/Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida/heeng - a pinch
- Green chillies and Coriander leaves/mint for garnishing
- Finely Chop tomato, onion and green chillies.
- Take curd in a bowl and add salt, haldi, dhania and red chilli powder to it and mix well.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan. Add heeng, jeera and let them crackle. Add finely chopped onion, green chillies and saute. When onions get translucent, add tomatoes and stir fry.
- Add curd in the pan. Stir well and cook. When curd gets cooked and ghee/oil leaves sides, add thick/moti sev. Cook on medium flame. Adjust the consistency by adding water but ensure that it does not go too thin.
- After a minute, turn off the flame. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves (or use dry pudina powder in summers) and green chillies. Cover the lid and let it set for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot sev tamatar ki sabzi with roti/phulka or naan.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.