Smoked Cluster Beans/ Guar – Oil Free Curry
- Guar/ Cluster beans - prefer fresh soft, small or medium size
- Salt/ Namak as per taste
- Red chilli/ Lal mirch powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida/ Heeng - 1 pinch
- Ghee - 2-3 drops
- Charcoal piece - 1 ( for infusing smoke into the dish)
- Remove the ends of the beans. If gavar/ guar is long, make 2-3 pieces preferably by hand, else use knife. Wash and boil the gavar/ guar beans. Strain and keep aside.
- Take a bowl. Add boiled gavar/ guar to it. Add salt, red chilli powder and bit of heeng to it. Mix well. Make space for a small spoon/ katori to be placed in it.
- If you have a piece of charcoal, heat it till it becomes red hot. Now place this red hot charcoal in the small katori/ spoon kept inside the bowl of gavar/ guar/ beans.
- Slowly put few drops of ghee on burning charcoal along with a pinch of heeng.
- Cover the bowl so that the smoke remains inside the bowl and get infused with gavar and the masala.
- After 4-5 minutes, remove the charcoal and mix the gavar with that spoon.
- Healthy and yummy 'Smoked Cluster Beans/ Guar' is ready to be served in meals.
- NOTE : If you do not have charcoal, then heat the katori/ spoon itself and place inside the bowl of gavar. Drop ghee and heeng on to the hot katori for creating smoke.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.
No comments yet.