Sooji Besan Halwa – Indian Dessert
- Sooji ( Semolina) - 1/2 cup
- Besan/ Chickpea Flour - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup or as per your taste
- Water - 3 cups
- Dry fruits chopped finely for garnishing
- Ghee - 1/ 2 cup
- Heat a kadhai or deep pan. Dry roast sooji till it turns golden in color and keep it aside.
- Heat the kadhai again and dry roast the besan till it also changes color. Keep it aside and mix with roasted sooji.
- In a pan, heat water and sugar. When it starts boiling, add half of ghee into water. Add the sooji besan mix slowly and evenly, ensuring that no lumps are formed.
- Keep stirring the halwa till desired consistency is acquired and it doesn't stick to the kadhai.
- Add the remaining ghee and cook a bit.
- Switch off heat and garnish with chopped dry fruits. Delicious Sooji Besan Halwa is ready to be served.
Ready in :
Recipe Type :
My life revolves around my family and am passionate about cooking and well being of my dear ones.Born and brought up in various states living in picturesque Rajasthan .