Sooji Halwa – Delicious Indian Dessert
- Rava/ sooji/ semolina - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1/4th cup
- Sugar/ cheeni - 1 cup powdered
- Dry nuts - 2 tablespoons
- Milk/ doodh - half cup
- Water/ pani - half cup
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium flame and roast semolina in it for 10-12 minutes. Stir continuously.
- Meanwhile grind sugar and dry nuts together in a mixer.
- Add milk and water to the halwa now.
- After 2 minutes, add sugar and dry nuts powder to it. Mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Delicious sweet dish - Sooji Halwa is ready to be served!
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Though basic cooking started in my Mumbai days, but being in Germany for few years, I started missing all Indian food especially street food. This has made me trying new and new dishes at home and even during the lockdown period in india, it has proved to be the need of the hour!!