Dal Makhni with Roti and Papad
Dal is a staple diet of India and todau I am sharing special Dal Makhni recipe that ever one loves to have it either in lunch or in dinner…
(This recipe is a part of Zayka ka Tadka contest sponsored by Ciba Tazaa Spices)
- 2 cup whole black gram (sabut urad)
- 1 cup rajma
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon ginger chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon zeera
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- Soak sabut urad dal and rajma in water for atleast 4-5 hours.
- Pressure cook sabut urad dal, rajma in water which they were soaked for about 4-5 whistles.
- In frying pan, add butter and oil.
- When butter starts to melt, then add zeera.
- When it gets brownish, then add onions.
- When onions become golden brown, then add green chilies, garlic, ginger.
- Saute them and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes, salt, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and cook it till tomatoes gets tender.
- Now, add boiled dal with rajma in it.
- Mix it and then bring to a boil.
- Once it mixs well and 2-3 boils then add turn off flame.
- Add fresh cream in last and again mix it.
- Garnish with cream and serve Dal Makhni with roti and papad.
No comments yet.