Spinach And Moong Dal Mangodi – Yummy Curry
- Moong dal mangodi/ bari - 1/2 cup
- Potatoes/ aloo chopped - 2
- Palak/ spinach leaves - 250 gms
- Chopped tomatoes/ tamatar - 1/2 bowl
- Green chili/ hari mirch : 2 pieces
- Ginger/ adarak - 1 inch piece
- Spices/ masale - cumin/ jeera, turmeric/ haldi, red chili/ lal mirch/ coriander/ dhaniya powder as per taste
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Oil/ tel : 2-3 tablespoons
- Water as required to boil the spinach and mangodi
- Fry Mangodi in 1 tablespoon of oil on medium flame. Add mangodi, aloo, salt and water in a pressure cooker and take a whistle. Slow down the flame and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Set it aside.
- Wash and boil the spinach leaves with a pinch of salt and water as required. Once the spinach is boiled, grind it to puree in a grinder. Set it aside.
- Make paste of tomatoes, chilies and ginger. Set it aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add jeera. Let the seeds crackle and then add above paste of tomatoes, ginger and chilies. Saute on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add all mentioned spices and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled mangodi, aloo and spinach puree to the curry. Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes. Curry is done.
- Healthy and nutritious 'Spinach And Moong Dal Mangodi' is ready to be served with hot phulkas/ rice.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Though basic cooking started in my Mumbai days, but being in Germany for few years, I started missing all Indian food especially street food. This has made me trying new and new dishes at home and even during the lockdown period in india, it has proved to be the need of the hour!!