Steam Bottle Gourd Kofta – Tasty Curry
- Lauki/ bottlegourd - 250 gms
- Besan/ gram flour - 3 tablespoon
- Oil - 4 tablespoon
- Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped green chili - 2
- Chopped onions - 2
- Chopped tomatoes - 4
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1 tablespoon
- Pinch of hing/ asafoetida
- Garam masala - 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
- Curd - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Grate lauki and squeeze it well to remove excess water from it. Add besan, salt, grated ginger, red chili powder, chopped green chili, hing, and mix it well. Make 10 balls (kofte) out of it. Set them aside.
- Boil water in a pot and put rice stainer over it with cheese cloth on it. Put balls on stainer and cover it for 8 min.
- GRAVY: Heat some oil in pan. Put chopped onions, tomatoes and garam masala. Saute it for 2 minutes. Grind this mixture.
- Take another pan and heat some oil in it. Put jeera and wait for it to crackle, add turmeric, coriander powder & red chili powder. Add ground mixture prepared in earlier step. Wait till it boils.
- Add beaten curd and stir on full flame. Add water & once it boils mix it for 2 minutes and add salt & ground garam masala. Add kofta balls to it. Let the curry cook for 5 more minutes on medium flame.
- Delicious "Steam Bottle Gourd Kofta" is ready to be served with hot chapati/ phulkas.
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.