Stuffed Kachori Chole Chaat- Spicy Snacks
- All purpose flour/ maida - 250 gram
- Semolina/ rava/ sooji - 250 gram
- White chickpeas/ chana - 250 gram (soak for 5 hours)
- Carom seeds/ ajwain - 1 tablespoon
- Dry mango powder/ amchoor - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chaat masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chole masala - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida/ hing - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander/ dhaniya powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Kasuri methi - 1 teaspoon
- Red chili/ lal mirch powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves/ hara dhaniya - 1 bunch
- Ginger garlic/ adarak mirch paste - 1 tablespoon
- Tomato puree - 1 cup
- Tomato/ tamatar - 2 (chopped)
- Green chili/ hari mirch - 2 (chopped)
- Onion - 2 (chopped)
- Turmeric/ haldi powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda - A pinch
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil - 4 tablespoon for kneading dough plus remaining for frying
- Boiled peas - 250 grams
- Onions and green chilies chopped for garnish
- Take a pressure cooker and add soaked white chickpeas with little salt and baking soda. Turn off the cooker after two whistles.
- Take a bowl and add semolina, maida, salt, ajwain and refined oil. Mix them well and make a soft dough.
- Cover it with a clean kitchen towel and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat up oil. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida and let it splutter.
- Add green chili and saute for few seconds.
- Add fresh tomato puree to it and cook it till oil starts to separate.
- Add ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves and cook for a while.
- Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, dry mango powder and coriander powder and mix all the spices with a little water.
- Add boiled chickpeas and mash it with a spoon. Let it boil for few minutes and then switch off the gas.
- Sprinkle chole masala and kasuri methi over the curry and cover with a lid. Chole is ready.
- Heat up another pan and add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Wait till seeds gets crackle.
- Add onion, tomato, boiled peas and saute the mixture for few minutes.
- Put salt, red chili powder and chaat masala. Cook it till spices are coated on peas nicely.
- Switch off the gas. Stuffing is ready now. Let it cool down.
- Knead the kachori dough again for a minute.
- Take a small portion of dough and make a little hole with the help of your fingers.
- Fill stuffing. Cover it carefully and press it little with the help of your palm. Make all kachories in the same manner.
- Heat some oil on medium flame. Put 2-3 kachori at a time and fry it from both sides on medium flame.
- Take out kachories on a paper napkin/ tissue paper.
- Delicious and crispy 'Stuffed Kachori Chole Chaat' is ready to be served . Garnish it with some chopped onions and green chilies. Enjoy every bite!!!
Ready in :
Recipe Type :