Stuffed/ Bharwan Karela Recipe
Stuffed/ bharwan karela recipe is an awesome recipe which is very healthy and tasty.
Karelas have many recipes and one of the best is stuffed/ bharwan karela recipe. Stuffed/ bharwan karela recipe is a flavorsome curry to be served with hot roti/phulka/rice.
For more such exciting recipes like stuffed/ bharwan karela recipe, please click on the following links.
- Karele/ bitter gourd medium sized - 250 grams
- Onions/ pyaz - 200 grams
- Garlic/ lehsun a few pods
- Oil/ tel - 4-5 tablespoons preferably mustard oil
- Red chilli/ mirch powder as preferred
- Turmeric/ haldi powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Dhania/ coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Amchur/ dry mango powder - 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Jeera/ cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
- Water/ pani as required
- Scrape the outer skin of karelas and also the inner pulp.
- Boil the karela in salted water for 2-3 minutes. Do not over cook them.
- Peel onion and garlic. Grind coarsely in a chopper or on silbatta. Keep aside.
- Take the scraped portion of the karelas and grind them coarsely. Squeeze out all water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a kadhai. Squeeze out all water from boiled karelas. Saute in oil for 2-3 minutes. Keep aside.
- In the same oil add jeera. When it crackles, add the coarsely ground onions, garlic and karela pulp.
- Add turmeric, chili, coriander, amchur powder and salt and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes in open and then put off the gas.
- Now stuff the stuffing in karelas with help of spoon. Keep aside.
- Again heat oil in a kadhai. Add the karelas and remaining stuffing if any.
- Add some water (little in quantity). When water starts boiling, cook on slow fire until water evaporates and oil oozes out.
- Delicious and healthy stuffed karela is ready to be served in meals!
My life revolves around my family and am passionate about cooking and well being of my dear ones.Born and brought up in various states living in picturesque Rajasthan .