Stuffed Green Chili/Bharleli Mirchi
Bharleli Mirchi is a Maharashtrian style dish which is made of thick and long less spicy green chilli. It is usually a dry dish and can be served with hot phulkas/ paratha/ poori.
For more such exciting recipes, please click on the following links.
- Thick long green chillies/ hari mirch - 2
- Gram flour/ besan - 3 tablespoons
- Salt/ namak - 1 teaspoon
- Red chili/ mirch powder- 1 teaspoon
- Dried mango powder/ amchur- 1 teaspoon
- Chaat masala - 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric/ haldi - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
- Jeera/cumin seeds , rai/mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon each
- Oil - 2 teaspoons, asafoetida - a pinch
- Coriander leaves/ dhaniya - for garnishing
- Slit the green chili in order to stuff it.
- In a bowl, add gram flour and all the spices. Mix well.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the masala prepared in above step for 2-3 minutes.
- Let it cool. Fill this masala in the green chili through the gap.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera, mustard seeds and asafoetida. Add the stuffed green chili and cook it from all sides.
- Cover the lid and let it cook on low flame.
- Spicy and flavorsome 'Bharleli Mirchi/ Stuffed Green Chili' is ready now. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati/ rice.
Financial Analyst by profession and foodie by nature. I love to experiment the traditional Indian recipes by adding twist to it. Since I stay UAE, I get the exposure of Arabic and European taste as well.