Stuffed Okra in Maharashtrian Style – Yummy!
- Okra (Bhindi) – 250 gms (washed and wiped with a dry paper towel)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 2/3 teaspoon
- Sugar – ½ teaspoon (optional)
- Fresh Coconut – 3 tablespoon (Grated)
- Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Goda Masala – 2 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves chopped - a handful
- Take blender and add coconut, sugar, salt, coriander leaves and make paste.
- Take a bowl and add chopped onions, coconut paste, lemon juice and goda masala. Mix well and keep aside.
- Cut the both ends of okra. Make a vertical slit in the center but do not cut into half.
- Stuff the okra using stuffing mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and cumin seeds. Once they starts crackling, add turmeric powder and red chili powder. Immediately add stuffed okra. Add some salt, if required.
- Toss it and cover it with the lid. Cook it until they are tender and cooked.
- 'Stuffed Okra in Maharashtrian Style' recipe is ready to serve.