Stuffed Sama Rice Balls – Fasting Recipe
- Sama rice flour/ vrat ke chawal ka atta - 1 cup
- Crushed black pepper/ kali mirch - a pinch
- Boiled potatoes - 2
- Green chili - 1 chopped
- Chopped carrot - 1 tablespoon
- Chopped capsicum - 1 tablespoon
- Chopped coriander leaves - a hand full
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Rock salt/ sendha namak to taste
- Boil 1.5 cups of water and add rice flour, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Check the rice and switch off the flame once the rice is done.
- Meanwhile let's prepare the stuffing - Heat oil in a pan and add black pepper, chopped green chili and boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Add chopped carrot and capsicum and saute the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Knead rice dough and divide in to 8 equal parts.
- Make 1 part of above dough and stuff potato mix (stuffing) and make a ball.
- Heat enough oil in a pan and deep fry these balls till they become golden brown and crispy.
- "Stuffed Sama Rice Balls" is ready to be served.
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.