Stuffed Spicy Red Chilies
- Green/Red chilies - 10 to 12 big fatty ones
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Jeera/Cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard/Rai - 1/4 teaspoon
- Kalaunji - 1/4 teaspoon
- Heeng powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- For stuffing: Boiled and mashed potatoes - 2
- Paneer/Cottage Cheese grated - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder ( as per taste) - 1 tspn
- Garam masala - 1 pinch
- Asafoetida/Heeng - 1 pinch
- Amchoor/Dry mango powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
- In a large mixing bowl, Mash potatoes. Add grated paneer, salt, red chili powder, heeng, amchoor and garam masala to it and mix. Add 1 teaspoon oil to this and mix well.
- Make splits to the chilies and deseed them. Stuff the potato paneer mixture into these chilies tightly and keep aside.
- Now Heat oil in a wok/kadaai. Add tadka of heeng, jeera, rai and kalaunji.
- Slide the stuffed chilies gently into the hot oil. Cover with lid and cook on low flame for 3 mins.
- Gently flip them to get it cooked from both sides. Off the flame and keep covered with lid so that it gets cooked with the heat.
- Stuffed Spicy Red Chilies are ready to be served.
Note: One can bake or microwave them too.
Ready in :
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.