Tawa Pulav – Spicy And Healthy Treat
- Boiled basmati rice/ chawal : 1 cup
- Boiled potatoes/ aloo : 1 cup
- Boiled green peas/ matar : 1 cup
- Chopped tomatoes/ tamatar : 1/2 cup
- Chopped onions/ pyaz : 1/2 cup
- Mix of chopped ginger/ adarak, green chili/ hari mirch (1) : 1 teaspoon, coriander leaves/ dhaniyapatta : 2 tablespoons
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Spices/ masale : Red chili/ lal mirch powder : 1/2 teaspoon, turmeric/ haldi powder : 1/2 teaspoon, whole dry red chili/ khadi lal mirch : 1-2, cloves/ lavang : 3-4, whole black pepper/ kali mirch : 5-6, cinnamon stick/ dalchini : 2 small pieces, bay leaves/ tez patta : 2
- For tempering/ tadka : Mustard seeds/ raai - 1 teaspoon, asafoetida/ hing - a pinch, cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil : 2-3 tablespoons
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida. Then add whole garam masala and saute for a while.
- Now add chopped onions to it and saute for a minute. Then add chopped tomatoes, boiled potatoes and boiled peas .
- Mix it well and cook it for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the boiled basmati rice, salt and all the spices to it followed by mix of green chilies and ginger.
- Give the pulav a good mix and turn off the flame. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Spicy and awesome dish "Tawa Pulav" is ready for serving.
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!