Tomato Tangy Chutney with Tadka
- Fresh Tomatoes - 3-4 chopped
- Bay leaves - 2
- Dry red kashmiri chilies - 2
- Black pepper raw - 5-6
- Laung/Cloves - 2
- Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1/2 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Pinch of Hing/ Asafoetida
- Sugar - 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and add hing and cumin seeds (jeera) to it. Wait till cumin seeds crackle.
- Add black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, dry red kashmiri chilies and saute the mix for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Cook it for 5-7 minutes on medium flame with covered lid.
- Add spices (turmeric and red chili powder), sugar and salt now. Mix well and then cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Tomatoes must be completely cooked and chutney is ready.
- Garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves and serve this chutney with hot parathas or poori.
- Enjoy tangy tomato chutney with tadka.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Though basic cooking started in my Mumbai days, but being in Germany for few years, I started missing all Indian food especially street food. This has made me trying new and new dishes at home and even during the lockdown period in india, it has proved to be the need of the hour!!