Tomato Tangy Chutney with Tadka
- Fresh Tomatoes - 3-4 chopped
- Bay leaves - 2
- Dry red kashmiri chilies - 2
- Black pepper raw - 5-6
- Laung/Cloves - 2
- Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1/2 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Pinch of Hing/ Asafoetida
- Sugar - 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and add hing and cumin seeds (jeera) to it. Wait till cumin seeds crackle.
- Add black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, dry red kashmiri chilies and saute the mix for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Cook it for 5-7 minutes on medium flame with covered lid.
- Add spices (turmeric and red chili powder), sugar and salt now. Mix well and then cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Tomatoes must be completely cooked and chutney is ready.
- Garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves and serve this chutney with hot parathas or poori.
- Enjoy tangy tomato chutney with tadka.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Being here in Germany, we miss Indian street foods. So I prepare them at home and enjoy it with my loving family !!!