Tondlichi Bhaji – Yummy Dry Curry
- Tondli/ kundru/ ivy gourd - 250 grams
- Red chili/ lal mirch powder- 1 teaspoon
- Amchur/ dry mango powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin/ jeera powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilli/ hari mirch - 1 chopped
- Turmeric/ haldi - 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera/ cumin and mustard/ rai seeds - a pinch each
- Asafoetida/ heeng - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt/ namak - 1 teaspoon
- Oil/ tel - 2 tablespoons
- Heat oil in a pan. Add jeera, mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Add green chilli and tondli and mix well.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes in the covered pan.
- Add all the spices and mix thoroughly. Let it cook for another 5 minutes in the covered pan.
- Open the pan and let it cook until it's tender or it changes its colour and becomes soft.
- Yummy and healthy 'Tondlichi Bhaji' is ready now. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with chapati.
Financial Analyst by profession and foodie by nature. I love to experiment the traditional Indian recipes by adding twist to it. Since I stay UAE, I get the exposure of Arabic and European taste as well.