TriColored Stuffed Capsicum
- Red Capsicum - 1 piece
- Green Capsicum - 1 piece
- Yellow Capsicum - 1 piece
- Medium sized potatoes - 6
- Peas - 1 cup
- Small Carrot - 1
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric/haldi powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander/Dhania powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala - A pinch
- Dry Mango/Amchur powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds/jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Heeng - 1 pinch
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Grated cheese - 2 cubes
- Wash and cut the capsicums into halves. If small sized, then cut the top and deseed them.
- Blanch these capsicums after cutting with little salt.
- Boil potatoes and dice into small cubes after peeling.
- Blanch peas. Wash, peel and grate carrot.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add jeera and asafoetida powder to it. Add peas and stir fry. Add grated carrot to it and saute it.
- When it becomes soft, add diced potatoes to it and mix well. Add salt, haldi powder, red chilli powder, dhania powder and a pinch of garam masala.
- Cook on low flame for 4-5 mins and keep mashing the vegetables especially the potatoes.
- Add bit of amchoor powder as per your taste and mix well. When this masala starts leaving the sides, it indicates it is cooked properly. Turn off the flame.
- Brush the capsicums with bit of oil and fill/stuff them with the above made veggie masala.
- Place them in a greased glass/microwave safe dish. You can add grated cheese on top of these capsicums.
- Microwave/bake these stuffed capsicum for 6-7 mins (till the cheese melts).
- If you dont have microwave oven, then place them in a pan and cook on low flame with lid covered.
- Your tricolored stuffed capsicum are ready to be served with hot rotis.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.