Vegetable Macaroni Pasta in Red Tomato Sauce
- Pasta Macaroni - 1 Small Packet (1 Cup)
- Capsicum (red and green) - 1/2 cup each
- Carrots - 1/2 cup
- Spring onions - 1/4th cup
- Onions - 1
- Green chilies - 2
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Soya sauce and red chilli sauce - 1/2 tablespoon each
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes - 1 tablespoon
- Tomatoes - 2
- Tomato ketchup - 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Oil - 3 tablespoon
- Chop capsicum and carrots into thin long slices. Likewise chop spring onions, onions, garlic and green chillies.
- Boil enough water in a pan. Add macaroni pasta to the boiled water and cook it uncovered for around 15 minutes till t becomes soft.
- At the same time, boil 2 tomatoes, peel them and grind them to fine paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small pan and add ground tomato paste to it on medium flame.
- Add chilli flakes, garlic, salt, pepper and tomato ketchup and saute this mix for about 4-5 minutes uncovered. Set this aside. Red tomato sauce for pasta is ready now.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add chopped onions and green chilies to it.
- Once the onions turns translucent, add all vegetables (carrots, red and green capsicum, spring onions).
- Mix well and saute the vegetables for 8-10 minutes on medium flame till they get cooked.
- Add tomato sauce, boiled macaroni pasta and soya and chilli sauce to it. Mix well and saute the mix for 5-7 minutes.
- "Vegetable Macaroni pasta with red tomato sauce" is ready. Serve it hot/ warm.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Though basic cooking started in my Mumbai days, but being in Germany for few years, I started missing all Indian food especially street food. This has made me trying new and new dishes at home and even during the lockdown period in india, it has proved to be the need of the hour!!