Akki Roti is a unique dish of Karnataka.
Akki Roti is a very famous breakfast dish of Karnataka. The main ingredient is rice flour. Basically, it is roti made by using the rice flour. The other ingredients include cumin seeds, sesame seeds, ground peanuts and coriander leaves. The more the amount of coriander leaves, more tasty it becomes. Adding the vegetables like grated carrot, onion, green chili makes it palatable. It tastes great with curd or pickle. So, try this recipe and let us know your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was made by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy
Tips and suggestions by the Mom Chef:-
- Lightly saute the sesame seeds and then add to the dough mixture.
- Instead of green chili, you can add red chili powder.
- You can make this dish by adding onion and radish also.
- To spread and make the akki roti, you can use plastic cover.
- If the roti is more thin, it will become more crispy.
- By making small holes in the roti, the heat spreads evenly, so that it cooks from all the sides.
- The lower the gas flame is, crispier the roti will become.
- You can use kadhai to spread and make the roti, it helps to give a round shape.