Balushahi | Badusha is a very popular Indian sweet or mithai. It is also known as Bhadusha, Badushah, Khurmi in different parts of the country. This uses refined flour, ghee/clarified butter, curd, little baking soda. The disk of dough is deep fried then soaked in the sugar syrup to make this yummy sweet. It is flaky and crisp from outside and soft from inside. This is a famous and one of the most lovable festive sweet all over India. This is very easy to prepare with fewer ingredients. You can easily make it at home without ay hassle. So, try to make this mouthwatering sweet at home and enjoy with your loved ones.
This sweet was prepared by Sumitra Indoria – A lovely mom from Rajasthan.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Moyan of ghee is important for flaky texture.
- Knead a semi soft dough to make Balushahi.
- You can add colour or saffron to the dough. If you are using saffron for colour then soak the saffron in little water then add to the dough.
- The consistency of the sugar syrup should be 1 & 1/2 string.
- You can add cardamom powder to the syrup for flavouring.