Besan Pitla | Besan Sagoo is a unique and traditional Maharashtrian and Telangana dish.
Besan Pitla | Besan Sagoo is a simple, easy, and super quick recipe prepared from besan (gram flour) and onions. A spicy base of green chilies, onions, potato, peas, is cooked with gram flour and water until thick. This is a traditional recipe, that is very simple but has a unique taste and texture. It is the perfect recipe to make when you don’t have any vegetables at home or for the busy days. In this pitla we used some veggies to make it more nutritious. Serve it with bajra roti or jowar roti or dosa or puri or even rice. Try to prepare this delicious recipe at home and enjoy it with family and friends. Do share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- The batter should have a watery flowing consistency.
- Sprinkle water in batches to besan, else besan will turn thick.
- Generally, pitla is prepared from only onion, garlic, green chili, but you can also add veggies of your choice.
- Use fresh coriander leaves to garnish it.
- Adjust the spices as per the requirement.
- Pour besan batter little by little to avoid lumps.
- Pitla should have a thin consistency as it becomes thick after cooling down.
- Serve it hot for the better taste.