Carrot Bottle Gourd Halwa
- Carrots chopped in onion chopper : 2 cups
- Bottle gourd chopped in onion chopper : 1 cup
- Milk : 1/2 litre
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Pinch of saffron soaked in lukewarm milk : 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom/Elaichi powder : 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped almonds : 2 tablespoon
- Put the chopped carrots and bottle gourd in the pressure cooker
- Add milk and sugar to it.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Once done, let it cool and then open the lid.
- Cook this mixture on medium flame till the mixture becomes dry (This will take approximately 50 minutes). Keep stirring in between.
- Add saffron with milk and cardamom powder.
- Add almonds to it. Also use some almonds for garnishing.
- Serve the nutritious halwa to your loved ones.
- Enjoy yummy Carrot Bottle Gourd Halwa.
Cooking not only feeds the stomach but also the soul. I love to create new healthy recipes from simple ingredients found in the kitchen.