Chitau Pitha | Odiya Pancake is a traditional Odiya pancake recipe.
Chitau Pitha | Odiya Pancake is a traditional Odiya pancake that is typically a rice-coconut pancake. During a festival called Chita Laagi Amavasya, people in Orissa prepare this pancake to worship mother nature. The speciality of this recipe is that they do not flip this pancake while preparing this pancake. Traditionally in Orissa, they prepare this recipe in a pan or “kadhai”. This is a quick and must-try recipe. Let us know your feedback in the comments section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely mom – Sabita Mohalik
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Instead of broken rice or arua rice, basmati rice can also be used to make the batter.
- It needs to always remember to grind the rice and grated coconut together and not separately.
- It needs to always remember to not flip the pancake while making it.
- This pancake can be prepared on a tava instead of a pan.
- Since, the coconuts from Orissa already have some sweetness to it, the batter traditionally is slightly sweet in taste. However, to get that sweetness while making with another variety of coconut, add 1/2 teaspoon sugar to the batter.