Dhaba Style Dal Tadka is one of the most popular dishes served in Indian restaurants.
Dhaba Style Dal Tadka is a popular Indian lentil dish prepared from arhar dal (husked & split pigeon pea lentils). Basically, dal tadka is cooked lentils that are tempered with ghee fried spices. Frying the spices releases their essential oils, aroma, and flavor in the hot ghee. This fried spices, ghee mixture is added to prepared lentils, and it greatly changes the flavor, aroma, and taste of the dish. The tempering adds a lot of flavors, and thus the dal tadka gets paired beautifully with steamed rice or jeera rice. Try to prepare it at home and enjoy it with family and friends. Share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Shveta Sheth.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- The consistency of the dal is neither thick nor thin but medium.
- You can also soak the lentils for 30 to 40 minutes before cooking them, which helps in cooking the lentils faster.
- Tempering with ghee will enhance the flavor of dal.
- Adjust the spices and serve it hot for the better taste.
- You can also use more than one dal to prepare a dal tadka.
- The ingredients like onion, garlic, ginger, and tomatoes are finely chopped or roughly or coarsely crushed.