Dum Aloo Curry is a rich and creamy potato-based curry that hails from the popular Punjabi cuisine.
Dum Aloo Curry is boiled and baked potatoes cooked with tomato-onion gravy, Indian spices, and fresh curd. This recipe is relished with roti or naan but also tastes great with rice or pulav. Baby potatoes are parboiled and then fried. Later these fried baby potatoes are added in the gravy or sauce and slow simmered. The baby potatoes absorb the flavors of the spices and curd while cooking. Try to prepare it at home and enjoy it with family and friends. Share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Vijay Haldiya.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Use homemade fresh curd.
- If you have big-sized potatoes than cut it into 2 or 4 equal parts.
- Adjust the spices as per requirement and serve it hot for the better taste.
- Do not overcook the potatoes.
- Use cashews to get the creamy gravy. However, to make it more creamy and rich, add fresh cream at the end.
- Always add curd on low flame, else the curd will curdle and you will not get a smooth texture.