Gond Pak | Gundar Pak | Goondh Pak is a winter delicacy for everyone.
Gond Pak | Gundar Pak | Goondh Pak is a very healthy and delicious snack. This is a famous dish from Gujarat generally prepared in the winter season. This uses all healthy ingredients like Gundar or gond /edible gum, ghee/clarified butter, dry fruits, mawa/reduced milk solid. This makes it very healthy perfect for winters. This also uses some spices like dry ginger powder/sonth, pipri/ganthoda. This gond pak is a remedy for joint pain and it provides heat to the body. Everyone can enjoy this traditional dish. So, try to make this dish for the winter season and be healthy.
This dish was prepared by a lovely Grandmom from Mumbai.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- To make a perfect gond pak, the ratio of the ingredients should be proper.
- Make thick sugar syrup of 1 & 1/2 to 2 string consistency.
- If you are using mawa which is soft then roast it for more time to remove the moisture.
- You can add spices according to your taste.
- Use dry fruits of your choice to make the gond pak.