Hyderabadi Mirchi Ka Salan is a popular and mouthwatering Hyderabadi dish.
Hyderabadi Mirchi Ka Salan is a delicious chili and peanut-based curry recipe. It is a lightly spiced, creamy & slightly tangy curry prepared from green chilies. It is a delicious dish originally from Hyderabad but relished all over the country. Salan is an Urdu word that means curry and mirchi means chilies. It is a delicious curry that pairs well with biryani, chapatti, paratha or rice. The unique combination of spices makes this curry delectable and yummy. Depending on how spicy and hot curries you prefer, you can choose the kind of chilies. Tamarind adds the tanginess and jaggery adds the sweetness to the curry and balances out the heat from the chilies. It is equally healthy and super delicious. Serve this Hyderabadi Mirchi Ka Salan with Gatte Ka Pulav. Try to prepare this delicious recipe and enjoy it with family and friends. Do share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- The ratio for groundnut:sesame seeds is 1:(1/2).
- Use less spicy chili or deseeds the chili to avoid spiciness.
- You can also use yogurt or tomato puree to add tanginess instead of tamarind.
- The gravy thickens as it cooks, so add more water if required.
- Adjust the spiciness, tanginess, and sweetness as per the requirement.
- Serve it hot for a better taste.