Instant Tamarind Puliogre is popular and delicious tamarind rice from southern India.
Instant Tamarind Puliogre is a sour and spiced rice recipe, mainly prepared in the south Indian state especially in temples. It is offered as prasadam or nivedyam and then served to devotees. The recipe of Puliyogare varies from region to region and known by different names in different states like Puliyogare / Puliyodharai / Pulihora / Tamarind Rice and at the end taste also varies. Try to prepare it at home and enjoy it with family and friends. Do share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- You can make a large batch of the mixture and store it in an airtight container, to prepare this rice quickly later as well.
- Make sure to use fresh coconut and roasted peanuts.
- Dry roast and grind the sesame seeds to prepare a sesame powder.
- Do not overcook the rice.
- Adjust the spiciness, tanginess, and sweetness as per the requirement.
- Serve it hot for a better taste.