Khandvi is a famous snack from the State of Gujarat.
Khandvi | Famous Gujarati Snack is a healthy snack from Gujarat. It uses basic ingredients which are always and easily available around us. This is a recipe that is a mixture of gram flour and curd or buttermilk. With the perfect tadka and garnishing, one just cannot pass a plate of Khandvi without trying once. So try this recipe at your end and tell us how you like it in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely grand mom – Shraddha Thakrar
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Sieve the gram flour/besan should be sieved before it is used, to avoid getting lumps.
- While preparing the batter, either a combination of 1/2 cup curd and 2 cups of water or 2 and 1/2 cups of buttermilk can be used.
- It is recommended to blend the batter very well and not have any lumps in it.
- To know if the batter is ready, a pinch of the batter should be taken on a plate and allowed to dry for some time. If it peels out easily, it means that the batter is ready and then the flame can be turned off.
- In the process of spreading the batter on a flat surface, it should be ensured to complete the whole process quickly before the batter dries out in the pan.