Meetha Thepla | Gujarati Gud Vala Thepla is a popular sweet dish in Gujarat.
Meetha Thepla | Gujarati Gud Vala Thepla is a paratha variation that is made with jaggery. You can consume it as, an iron-rich dish for any time meal. Whenever you don’t want to make sabzi and roti, you can prepare this sweet dish. Moreover, it is generally served as a snack, but can also be served for lunch and dinner. So, try to make this healthy thepla in your kitchen for your family, and let us know your valuable feedback.
This is Recipe No. 2 of the Gujarat Ki Traditional Recipe Series by a lovely Grand Mom: Shraddha Thakrar
Tips and suggestions by the Mom Chef:
- The ratio of whole wheat flour to jaggery should be 2 :1.
- The ratio of water to jaggery should be 1:2.
- Take jaggery and water in a bowl. Keep it aside for 30 minutes to melt, instead of boiling it.
- The dough should be kneaded with cold jaggery water otherwise, the dough will become hard.
- The ghee should be added carefully otherwise, the thepla will become hard.
- If the dough needs, 1 or 2 Tsp simple water can be added.
- If desired, jaggery powder can be used instead of jaggery.
- The thepla should be added to the tawa with light hands to cook it evenly.
- Sesame seeds, fennel seeds, or cardamom powder can be added to the thepla.