Nan Khatai | Nankhatai is a popular and delicious Indian cookie.
Nan Khatai | Nankhatai is a traditional Indian cookie without baking powder or baking soda. It is very simple and easy to prepare at home. These cookies are the best and are prepared using the basic handful of ingredients. This recipe is the perfect baking recipe for beginners. If you have never baked in your life, you will be able to easily prepare this recipe. It is the healthier version of nankhatai. It is crunchy yet can melt in the mouth. So do not forget to try it and enjoy it with family and friends. Share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was made using Smart Philips OTG HD6975 which can be bought in any nearby electronic store or ordered online through Amazon: https://amzn.to/2pO4eBs
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Shveta Sheth.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- The proportion of nankhatai is the key point.
- Make sure, while preparing it that it should have a soft texture without cracks.
- You can prepare nankhatai of the desired size
- The ratio for the whole wheat flour:maida:besan:powdered sugar:ghee is 1:1:1:1:1.
- Use powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar.
- Make sure, to use cow ghee to enhance it’s taste.
If the dough is crumbly and does not come together, then add very little milk and gather it.
- Make sure, to apply ghee on your hands, while giving it the shape.
- Top it with the dry nuts of your choice. Use one type of nut or mixed nuts.
- After baking, allow the nankhatai to cool on the cooling rack.
- You can store it in an airtight container for better shelf life.