Pineapple Fried Rice is a lip-smacking and colourful rice preparation for all.
Pineapple Fried Rice is a very popular and classic dish in Thailand. This vegetarian version of rice uses pineapple, carrot, bell pepper, some spices and cooked rice. It is so colourful and has an amazing taste that you can’t resist yourself. Traditionally the rice is served in a pineapple shell/bowl. This rice preparation has tangy and little sweet taste because of pineapple, crunchiness from bell pepper and carrot, spicy taste because of curry powder. It is a dish to satisfy your tastebuds. You can easily prepare this mouthwatering rice with easily available ingredients. And the good this is it does not require much time gets prepared. This is not only healthy but flavourful too. So, try to make this one-pot meal at your end and let us know how you liked it.
This recipe was prepared under the live cooking contest ‘Zayka World Cup’ by Namita ji. She had learnt this recipe from Thailand.
Tips and Suggestions by the Chef:-
- You can use tinned or fresh pineapple to make this dish.
- It is better to use raw carrot else the taste will change.
- Serve this rice in a pineapple bowl (outer shell of pineapple).
- You can add curry powder as per your taste.
- Add little sugar to balance the tanginess of pineapple.