Raw Mango Pickle is a South Indian Style pickle.
Raw Mango Pickle is an instant pickle. It is very easy to prepare and cook. Besides, the tips are helpful to preserve it for short term storage as well as for long term storage. The main ingredient is the sour raw mango. The regular spices when taken in right quantity makes a very spicy and yummy pickle. The fenugreek seeds powder adds slight bitterness and flavor to the pickle. The use of sesame oil for tempering makes it palatable. So, try this recipe and let us know your feedback in the comment section.
Click here to watch this video
This recipe was prepared by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- The sour the raw mango, the tasty the pickle becomes and increases the shelf life.
- Do not peel the mango.
- Roast the fenugreek seeds lightly till the aroma comes and grind to make it’s powder.
- If the cumin seeds powder is 2 teaspoon then take 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds powder.
- After preparing the pickle, keep it at room temperature for one night. Then refrigerate it for 1 week.
- For long term storage, cut the raw mango into pieces, add turmeric powder and salt. Allow the juice to ooze out and then store it in an air tight container. Whenever, you want to serve it, take it out put the other spices and serve.
No comments yet.