White Dhokla | Instant Gujarati Dhokla is a quintessential snack of Gujarat.
White Dhokla | Instant Gujarati Dhokla is a soft and fluffy steamed snack from Gujarat. It is an all-time favorite snack for tea time, a starter, or for a breakfast. Moreover, this Gujarati dish is light to eat, tasty delicious, and ready with few available ingredients from our pantry. You can prepare this amazing dish for kids tiffin or your guest very quickly. Try this recipe and share your valuable feedback with us in our comment box.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom: Shveta Sheth
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:
- You can use grated ginger-green chili paste instead of its paste.
- The batter should be at room temperature.
- Fruit salt should be added to the batter just before steaming the dhokla.
- Use the stand to put the plate in the steamer.
- Fill water in a steamer carefully as it should not come on a plate while steaming dhokla.
- Before putting the dhokla for steaming, the water should be boiling; else it will not be fluffy.
- Insert a knife to check dhokla. If it comes out clean then it is cooked perfectly.
- The dhokla should be allowed to cool completely before it is cut into pieces.