2 Types of Thepla are the perfect breakfast dishes.
2 Types of Thepla includes two different dishes. Both are the famous Gujarati theplas, one of them is the methi thepla. While, the second one is the lauki thepla. Lauki thepla is a wonderful way of introducing lauki/gheeya in kids diet. The main ingredients for both the dishes are whole wheat flour, lauki and methi. While making the lauki thepla, adding the besan gives a nice texture to the dish. Adding the spices like carom seeds, sesame seeds, red chili powder, coriander seeds & cumin seeds powder, ginger-green chili paste makes it palatable and flavorful. With the easy to follow tips & suggestions, you can make your own batch of theplas. So, try this recipe and let us know your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Shveta Sheth.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- The gheeya/bottle gourd should be freshly grated for making the thepla or it will turn black in color.
- In place of ginger-green chili paste, grated ginger can be added.
- It is recommended to use iron tava while making the theplas.
- For methi thepla, the methi leaves should be washed and then chopped.
- The dough of the methi thepla should be rested for 15 to 20 minutes so that the thepla becomes soft.
- If a thin rolling pin is used, the thepla becomes thin.
- Using more oil while cooking the thepla, increases it’s shelf life.