Gatte Ki Sabzi – Rajasthani Special
- Besan or Gram Flour - 1 cup
- Curd/ dahi - 2 cup
- For DOUGH: Oil (2 teaspoon), Salt, cumin seeds, red chili powder, asafoetida as per taste)
- Baking Soda - a pinch optional
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Salt - as per taste
- Water - 1 glass or as per required thickness of the gravy
- TADKA: Oil or Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder -1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida/ hing - pinch
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 teapsoon
- Mustard/ raai - 1/2teaspoon
- Chopped Green Chillies - 2 small pieces
- Chopped Coriander Leaves - For garnishing.
- Add gram flour / besan in a bowl. Now add curd to the bowl.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and cumin seeds. Add asafoeteda , baking soda (optional) , 2 tablespoon oil to it.
- Make dough of this mixture.
- Make long and thin gatta rolls of the dough.
- Take a kadhai and add salt and turmeric powder in boiling water. Add long gatta rolls to the boiling water
- Cook for 15 minutes on medium flame till they are soft and switch off the gas.
- Take the cooked gatte out from the water. Cut the long thin rolls in circular pieces.
- Add 1 cup whisked curd to the leftover boiling water in kadhai
- Stir the curd continuously till it reaches a boil. Add gatta to the boiling gravy and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- TADKA: Add 1 tablespoon ghee to the tadka pan. When oil is heated, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, chopped green chillies and red chili powder. Mix it and add to the Kadhai with gatte mixture.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve Gatte Ki Sabzi hot with fulkas.
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!