Mangalore Buns | Banana Buns is a famous Mangalorean breakfast dish.
Mangalore Buns | Banana Buns is a sweet breakfast dish popular in Mangalore. This dish uses basic and simple ingredients that can be easily available to anyone. The main ingredients used to prepare this bun are bananas, curd, sugar, baking soda, and refined flour. Ideally, to prepare this bun, overripe bananas are used. This is typically a breakfast dish but is also had as an evening snack. So try preparing this popular breakfast dish from Mangalore at your home and enjoy it with your family. Do let us know your thoughts about this recipe in the comments section.
This recipe was made by – Reshma Rai
Tips and Suggestions by the Chef:-
- While making the dough, you can also add salt if you wish.
- You can adjust the level of sweetness according to your taste while making the dough.
- The dough for these buns should have a soft consistency. Remember to let it rest overnight and allow it to ferment.
- While preparing the buns, remember to keep them thicker than normal puris. You can either use your hands to flatten them or flatten them on a flat surface.
- Using overripe bananas adds sweetness to the buns.