Aam Ka Meetha Achar is a sweet and spicy pickle.
Aam Ka Meetha Achar is a popular side dish in Indian cuisine. You can store it in the refrigerator and enjoy it for a year. In addition, it is an heirloom dish with mango, sugar, and some spices. It is very easy to prepare and cook. The most important thing about this pickle is you don’t need to keep it in the sunlight. The regular spices when taken in the right quantity make a very spicy and yummy pickle. Moreover, the uses of fennel seeds and nigella seeds make it palatable. So, try to make this healthy and spicy dish for your friends and family, and share your feedback with us in the comment section.
Click here to watch this video
This pickle was prepared by a lovely Grandmom: Manju Saraf
Tips and Suggestions by the Mom Chef:
- The mango should be peeled.
- The kernel of the mango should be soft.
- No water should be added to the pickle.
- Jaggery can be added instead of sugar.
- The mango should be big in size with a thin kernel and peel.
- It is recommended to use totapuri or langdo mango to prepare this pickle.
- It is recommended to add 750g sugar and 40g salt for every 1kg of mango.
- This pickle should initially be kept at room temperature for 8 to 9 hours and then stored in a glass jar.
- It should be refrigerated for consumption for up to one year.
No comments yet.