Brinjal Chutney | Vankaya Pachadi is a traditional South Indian Chutney.
Brinjal Chutney | Vankaya Pachadi is a roasted chutney recipe. In villages, they make it in a traditional way by beating in a mortar pestle. Making it in a mortar pestle gives it a different flavor, as it is a cold-press process. This way it helps to retain the nutrients of the ingredients. You can also make it in a mixer. So, try this recipe to have a scrumptious meal, and let us know your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was made by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy
Tips and suggestions by the Mom Chef:-
- If tamarind is not available, you can use tomato.
- Peeling the brinjal skin becomes easy by applying oil before roasting.
- In place of coriander seeds, you can use coriander seeds powder if you want.
- You can serve this recipe with raw chopped onion.
- Make sure the bottom of the brinjal is also roasted evenly.