Chekkalu | Nippattu | Thattai | Rice Snack is a popular South Indian deep-fried snack.
Chekkalu | Nippattu | Thattai | Rice Snack is a traditional snack prepared from rice flour and soaked moong dal. It is a unique snack prepared especially during the festivals. It is a perfect lip-smacking spicy savory snack. These crunchy yummy snacks are good to be enjoyed anytime when served with hot tea or carry while traveling. This is one of those highly addictive snacks which hardly anybody can stop eating. The crunch from soaked moong dal and coarsely ground peanuts makes it more and more delicious. Try to prepare this mouth-watering snack and enjoy it with everyone. Do share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared under the live cooking contest ZPL season 2 by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Instead of red chili powder, you can also use ground green chili.
- You can also use soaked chana dal.
- Instead of butter, you can use warm oil for moin.
- Make sure, to use hot water while kneading the dough.
- Do not overcrowd the chekkalu while frying, make sure to drop one by one.
- The quantity of water should be half of the rice flour or a little more.
- You can also use maida for binding.
- The dough consistency should be smooth and soft.
- You can also add kasuri methi or fresh methi leaves.