Urad Dal Laddoo | Urad Dal Laddu | Minapa Sunnundalu is an extremely popular protein-rich laddoos.
Urad Dal Laddoo | Urad Dal Laddu | Minapa Sunnundalu is an easy and tasty Indian laddu recipe prepared from urad dal, jaggery, and ghee. It is very quick to prepare and mainly prepared for Diwali and other Indian festivals. It has a unique taste compared to other laddoo recipes. The important part of this recipe is the roast urad dal, as the taste totally depends on the roasting. The properly roasted urad dal helps in proper grinding and avoiding stickiness. Moreover, when dal is roasted properly, it will be good for digestion. Try to prepare this healthy and delicious ladoo and share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared during the live cooking contest ZPL season 2 by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Roast the whole urad dal on low flame, to prevent from burning.
- You can also prepare the laddoo with split urad dal or black urad dal.
- The roasting is the key point of the recipe, so roast it properly.
- The ratio for whole urad dal:ghee:jaggery is 1:1:1.
- Grind the dal to a medium consistency powder, neither super smooth nor very coarse.
- You can also prepare it using sugar instead of jaggery.
- Make sure, to prepare the laddoo in ghee.
- You can add dry fruits of your choice to make it nutritious.
- Store it in an airtight jar for longer shelf life.