Daal Baati Churma is a traditional Rajasthani delicacy recipe consisting of daal, baati, and churma.
Daal Baati Churma is a complete meal and is very delicious. Anywhere you go in Rajasthan and if you haven’t tasted Daal Baati Churma, then the trip to Rajasthan will be considered incomplete. It is generally served for lunch or dinner by mixing the daal with crushed baati and ghee topped on it. The people of Rajasthan specialize in serving sweet and savory dishes in combinations that steal the heart and delight the taste buds. A platter of sweet Churma, spicy Daal and Baati, is one such traditional combination. Fresh baatis dipped in piping hot daal is a perfect accompaniment for churma. This combo of ‘Daal Baati Churma’ is a wonderful way to warm yourself up on a cold day. Try to prepare it and enjoy it with family and friends. Share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Vijay Haldiya.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Adding ghee to baati is very important, else baati may end up hard.
- You can cook baati in oven/cooker or even tandoor.
- Adjust spices and serve it hot for the better taste.
- Serve hot with red chutney, onions, lemon wedges.
For more such exciting recipes like Daal Baati Churma, please click on the following links:
- Punjabi Dal Fry With Tadka
- Khasta Moong Dal Kachori With Green Chutney
- Channa Sundal | Chickpea Sundal