Dahi Bade | Kalmi Bade is a popular North Indian food.
Dahi Bade | Kalmi Bade is a deep-fried moong dal and Chola dal vadas served with curd and spices. It is a spicy, sweet, and tangy snack. Moreover, this dish is an extremely popular and tasty street food. Curd based snacks are always liked by kids as well as elders. In addition, you can prepare this mouth melting dish at your home very easily. So, try to make this recipe and share your feedback with us.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom: Mamta Dangayach
Tips and Suggestions by a Mom Chef:
- The ratio of moong dal and Chola dal should be 1:1/2.
- To make the vada soft, the soaked dal should be ground to a coarse/dardara paste,
- The Chola dal is optional.
- Urad dal can be used instead of Chola dal.
- The asafoetida should be added in a little water and then added to the batter.
- The vada should be placed in hot oil with the flame kept low, then fried with the flame kept high.
- To make the vadas soft, they should be soaked in salty water.