Dal Baati Churma | Rajasthani Dal Bati Choorma is a traditional thali and loved by all.
Dal Baati Churma | Rajasthani Dal Bati Choorma is the world-famous meal. Generally, baati is prepared in the Gas Tandoor or OTG but by following this recipe you will make the baati in the pressure cooker with ease. Dal uses five types of dal which is called as Panchmel dal. It tastes amazing with baati. This dal is flavourful and very healthy preparation as this contains toor dal/pigeon peas, chana dal/bengal gram, masoor dal/red lentil, urad dal/black gram and moong dal/green gram. Churma/choorma is a type of dessert prepared using crushed baati, powdered sugar and ghee. This is a mouthwatering and yummy sweet you can have after meals. The baati is quick and very easy to prepare. And because it doesn’t absorb much ghee, you can enjoy this mouthwatering meal without any guilt. So, try this meal at your home and enjoy with your family and friends.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Baati will be more perfect if you use little coarse whole wheat flour. If you do not have coarse whole wheat flour then you can use normal whole wheat flour with little amount of semolina/sooji as well.
- Knead the medium-soft dough for the baati (as we prepare for poori).
- Roast the baati on a low flame and keep tilting the pressure cooker after every 2 to 3 minutes. This will roast the baati evenly from all the sides. Dip the baati in the melted ghee.
- For choorma/churma, add sugar according to your taste.
- Also, you can add chopped roasted dry fruits to add crunch to the dish.
- For dal, roast the soaked dal in little ghee. This gives nice flavour to the dal.
- Traditionally, tadka of ginger and green chilli used for dal. But you can add onion and tomato to the tadka if you want.
- You can adjust the consistency of dal as per your choice.