Black Chana Masala (Jain Style)
- Black chana - 250 gm.
- Fresh roasted jeera/cumin powder - 1.5 tsp
- Coriender powder - 2 tsp
- Kashmiri lal mirch powder - 1 tsp.
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Crushed kasturi methi - 3 tsp
- Dry Mango powder - 3/4tsp.
- Garam Masala - 3/4 tsp
- Ginger cut into small pieces - 2 tsp.
- Hari Mirch cut into small pieces - 2 tsp.
- Desi Ghee or Oil - 3/4 cup
- Big cardamom - 1 pc.
- Dal Chini stick - 2 pc small
- First soak the chana at least for 8 hrs.
- Wash the soaked chana and boil chana along with baking soda, one big cardamom, dal chini and salt according to taste in a pressure till the chana become soft.
- Take a plate and pour all the masala in it along with hing, black salt etc. as mentioned above and keep the plate aside.
- Now take a pan and put oil and heat it. When oil is heated, put green chilly and ginger in it. When they crackle, put the masala into pan with some water and stir it for 1 min in a low flame.
- Now put dry chana into the pan and mix well and put some chana water in it according to your choice as to how much thick you want.
- Cover the pan and cook another 3 to 4 min till it become semi dry and turn the flame off.
- Hence your dry chana masala without onion, tomoto and gaarlic is ready to serve. Enjoy it with puri, bhatooras and parthas as you like.
Ready in :
Special Category :
Recipe Type :
I think that Eating is a necessity but cooking is an art. It is my passion and I keep on trying with new dishes and recipes at home. I have a firm belief that the people who love to eat are always the best people.
Presently working as Director of Droan Educational Society and associated with various religious and social bodies of this area as well as executing many educational institutions successfully and effectively.I have great feeling and commitment to provide higher education to the economically backward students so that the young generations may be nurtured and benefited by the great vision and efforts of Droan Educational Society.